Sunday 3 June 2012

My Name is Nobody


Embodiments of Love! 

Vaikasi Visakam is being celebrated everywhere; may Lord Muruga bless you All!



In my posting “ Embrace the Sun” I mentioned that my uncle         ( husband of my mother’s elder sister) expired on 2 nd May 2012;
after 2 days I called my periamma ( my Mother’s elder sister); even before I expressed my condolence for the death of her husband, she blessed me on the phone and enquired where I was staying; I explained about Indore; I shared that I would visit south and definitely see her in Thirupalanam, a remote village in Tamilnadu

on 30 th May I got a call from the number reserved as “ periamma’s number”; I was surprised as I have not spoken to her on the cell phone except the condolence call; my cousin brother’s wife ( manni) called and said “ periamma” has expired in the evening; I was shocked; just after the 27 th day ceremony of her departed husband she has passed away; such a love she had for her husband.

Okay, I was wondering what should be my stand now.
Sankara is my knowledge bank.

in vivekachudamani, he explains at the end, the student having completed his education takes leave.

इति श्रुत्वा गुरोर्वाक्यं प्रश्रयेण क्रृतानतिः
तेन समनुज्ञातो ययौनिमुक्तबन्धनः---577

Hearing the words of the Teacher, the disciple prostrated to him with reverence, and obtaining his permission, went his way, freed from bondage.

Normally we develop love and bondage with any long time associates; what will be the Teacher’s position after the student departs?


Sankara was such a genius, he does not leave anything to chances; he explains in the next slokam:

गुरुरेव सदानन्दसिन्दौ निर्मग्नमानसः
पावयन्व सुदां सर्वां विचचारनिरन्तरः  578

And the Teacher, his mind immersed in the ocean of eternal Bliss, forever wandered about, verily blessing the whole world.


the education is on Discrimination to understand what is permanent; if the teacher claims no remorse on the departure of the student that would mean the student was an unfit fellow; on the other hand if the Teacher cries, that would mean that the Teacher has no knowledge on the subject taught by him.

So sankara says “The teacher wandered about, his mind immersed in the ocean of bliss”.
I could see a parallel in my periamma’s cool attitude on her husband’s death and her death after 27 days of her husband’s death
I was not convinced; if this could happen after 27 days why it should not happen the same day of my periappa’s death?

Is it karma?

There are 3 karmas:

1)Sanchita Karma—accumulated karma, part of which has been paid back through other births in different places and also through the stay in heaven/hell

2) Prarabhdha karma—the karma that is to be reaped only on earth and must live-through (even the saints and Gnanis cannot escape this)

3) Agami karma and kriyamaNa karma—which we will have based on the current activities

So my periamma had to live for another 27 days because of Prarabhdha karma

I do not know about my account balance of Prarabdha karma; hence I am focusing on Agami karma…ha ha ha

धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

03.06.2012




No comments: