Saturday 28 July 2012

The Outsider's Journey

Embodiments of Love! 

Got to read the following wonderful piece by Shri Ratnakar Narale

अनुकम्पा ह्रृदि धरणीया I
सेवा मनसा करणीया I
शारदा सदा स्मरणीया I
स्वरदा वरदा स्तवनीया I

This is a song in the form of prayer; the nearest meaning is:

Let the Heart behold compassion;
Let Service be done with full mind and heart;
Let Sarada Devi be remembered always;
Let the bestower of Music and boons be praised!

The beauty is not only this sloka.

I had to go to Ahmedabad last week for some work; the flight from Indore reached Ahmedabad at 10.15 pm; one person was assigned for my pick up from airport to guest house; when I landed, I started walking like Billa Ajeet (part I) and came out of the airport security area in no time.

There was no play-card; no person was waiting for me; I have a common contact whom I dialed from my cell (mobile) phone; he sent me an SMS immediately; I just opened the message and could see driver name and number; before I could register that number, the contact called me to get confirmation on the receipt of the sms/number; that moment my battery which was already in its death bed due to non charging, blacked out my mobile phone.

The beauty was I do not know any other phone number by heart. I never bothered my small brai with this task.

(I remember only 2 phone numbers by heart-

My Dharma Patni’s number( wife’s number)
and
My residence number.)


The ordeal started….

 I approached the Coffee/soft drinks outlet shop with a request to get my mobile charged for just 2 minutes; he refused stating that he would be fined Rs 1500 by Airport authorities.

  I approached the Airport security authorities; they kindly suggested that I should have charged my mobile before coming out of the airport premises; I felt stranded.

 Even I could have telephoned my wife from a public telephone booth which was not possible again for 2 reasons;

1) There is no public telephone booth; the concept is out of place with the advent of mobile phones.

2) Wife does not have my contact person’s number.

Now comes my Savior!

One auto Rickshaw person was behind me with the hope of getting a customer; I kept telling him that one person was to pick me up; after watching my predicament he understood.

Here comes the noble act of a seemingly very ordinary person!

He offered his mobile for calling anybody; I said none of those numbers were registered in my brain; after this clue, he saw my mobile; it is a Samsung handset; he also had Samsung; he just removed the battery and exchanged for mine.

My cell phone got another lease of loaned life; just I dialed the number of the driver; he said he was also loitering in the corridor and said he would be waving his hand as identification; I looked around; that driver was just a few feet away from me.

 I thanked the auto person who did not accept anything for his this mobile service (of course I returned his battery)

Tell me

Does education elevate a person?

Does a high standard of living elevate a person?

No, I asked my Mother Abhirami…..She gave me a different Message!

I wanted to go on record to register the services of this rickshaw person and it warranted a grand introduction; My Mother Sarada Devi offered Herself as a backdrop for this episode!

I always remember a few lines from the Kamal Movie ANBE SIVAM



“Idhayam enbadhu sathaithaan endraal
  erithalal thindruvidum,

  Anbin karuvi idhayam endraal
  saavai vendruvidum”

If the heart is just flesh, the burning fire could destroy it

if the heart is a tool of compassion, it would defeat and transcend death


Sarada Devi’s message—Do something to fellow human beings before your DEATH!

Dear Sarada Devi, my Dear Mother, make me transcend Death, with you as my everlasting companion!

धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

29.07.2012

No comments: