Monday 28 September 2015

Dreaming a Smile-Part III--GRATITUDE


  
Embodiments of Love!


Though I have given gratitude as the last point in the first episode of this title subject, I am going to address GRATITUDE, a rare commodity on Earth!

Flashback 1:

An incident that happened long back (in my first company):

I was in Quality control that time;
Was performing sterility test of Gentamycin injection vials;
During the exercise, a vial broke and pierced my index finger of the left hand;
Due to negligent medical care, my left hand index finger cannot bend internally;
My father used to indicate this deficiency and always was concerned about the physical deformity.
Remember this episode; I will connect this with a present episode.

As personal experience may inspire a few of you, I am sharing few glimpses of my real life;

I love my father who is no more;
He has been guiding me unseen!

Flashback 2:

before the death of my eldest brother ( he expired on 20 th Aug 2015, Thursday due to heart attack resulting from the expulsion of water logging from his lungs; within 24 hours of admitting, he expired), I had a dream I think by around 10 th Aug.
Early morning!
My departed father and departed eldest sister are seen on the banks of a river;
I am swimming alone;
All of a sudden a fearful feeling strikes me;
I see a palanquin used for the final journey of a dead person as per our custom;
Just behind that palanquin, I see a statue of LORD Nataraja, a form of my Lord Siva;
I turn to my father if I should bring the idol of Nataraja; he commands yes;
I just swim across and bring the statue and hand it over to him; he leaves;
After that a bell used in temples floats; I again swim and bring it;
Dream ends!

I did not interpret this intuitive dream that time;
Bur after 10 days I could see the meaning of my dream!

You may ask why I am talking irrelevant;
Have patience (this is another tenet we should learn as human beings);

I will bring the relevance in the climax!

My wife has been suffering from stomach issues;
She could not breathe properly;
Could not lie down on the ground normally or get up normally from the ground;
Though operation was thought of in Sep, demise of my brother added a speed-breaker;
Nevertheless, we went ahead and fixed it with a schedule on 9 th Sep;
I left Ahmedabad on 8 th night and reached Mumbai on 9 th;
Had a bath, did minimal prayer and took her to hospital;
She got admitted;
It was a critical operation;
Operation went off well;
My second sister came on that day and next day;
Her husband was not well, hence could not support physically much;
As I was the only person on my wife’s side, I needed to take care of her food, tablets, procurement of medicine;
So I used to get up early in the morning reach home by auto;
Morning ablutions;
Coffee;
Cooking;
Washing of cloths;
Tiffin box making;
Transfer of coffer into the thermos flask;
Rush out to hospital in just 2 hours as she would be starving from morning!

In between I had my mother and father’s death ceremonies which normally we observe in the formal way by creating a fire (Homam) and offering food to Brahmins;
We could not do as wife was in the hospital;
There was a new moon day (Amavasya) when I normally perform ceremonies with the dry grass (Dharpam);
Since wife was in the hospital, I did not perform that also this time;

Now I am coming to the point—GRATITUDE!

From this day 29 th Sep we have the period called PITRU PAKSHA, the period of the departed elders, when normally I perform ceremonial rites very devotedly;
Day before yesterday I wanted to skip that also!

On 26 th night I was in the train;
Very tired;
At 1.30, night it was very cold;
I wanted to pull down the shutter half way
Thinking the latch would get into the groove automatically, I removed my hand…..not fully
It LANDED on my right hand…again INDEX Finger….

For 30 minutes I wished to die because of the pain.

I tried to see a connection;

My father;
My left hand index finger already damaged;
Father was always aware, which I also was aware that he was concerned;

Now this right hand… may be he is guiding me to perform the rites of pitru paksha as usual…

Yes I have performed for the first day;

Will continue;
PITRUPAKSHA is a sign of showing our gratitude to the departed;
I have been GRATEFUL;
I was reminded by the shutter falling on my hand, to continue to be grateful;
Will be GRATEFUL!

You also be GRATEFUL!


धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

28.09.2015


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life isn’t always sunshine and butterflies. Sometimes you got to learn to smile through the pain.