Saturday 8 September 2012

Death Defying Acts-Part 15— A few Remarkable similarities between LALITHAMBIKA and rajagopal


Embodiments of Love! 



Each Namavali of Shri Lalita Sahasranamam is a special sweet to me.

When my wife Santha recites them I enjoy every Aksharam; (letter)!

In Indore, alone, I play my Mother’s Sahasranamam daily and whenever I want to talk to Her I speak to each of Her Namavali;

It is one of those great moments a son can have with his loving Mother exclusively!


Coming to the point, Lalitamma Herself is sweet.

The elegant starting with Sri Maatha; Sri Maharajni ….wonderful!

I was attracted to the special namavali “

GUDANNA-PRITA MANASAAYAI NAMAHA , which means one who is fond of sweet rice made with raw sugar!

I, myself being sweet-lover, wanted to understand the addiction of my Mother to sweets in particular and food in general!

Lol!

Lalithamma SAAPPAATTU RAAMI( Glutton)!

Sorry Moms!

I wanted to call Her aloud!


Amma bombarded

 "Every day you describe me as the thousand-eyed One and you expect Me to look at you with the two eyes alone!"

“Okay idiot, talk about my gluttony!”

It was so profound and we enjoyed that little(? GREAT) conversation.

In Sri Lalitasahasranamam, Devi is honoured as "One who has a thousand Eyes." (Om Sahasraksyai Namah--283).

The eyes are many and so many folds are the Divine Grace.

I started collecting the Namavali of my Mother, Sri Annapoorneswari (Giver of Food) related to food, from Lalitha Sahasranamam!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to compile in a poetical way.

 Mother, forgive me for any trespassing!

It started with my wondering on,

501 * Gudanna preetha manasa - She who likes rice mixed with jaggery.

Oh, I understand Mother, why you always reside with me! Waiting for Pournamasya?

Oh your reply is also sweet!

Why?

You drink honey!

510 * Madhu preetha - She who likes honey

Oh I can make out your sweet nature now!

915 * Swabhava madura - She who is by nature sweet!

if you take so much sweet, your nature also has to be sweet Mother!

I heard you Moms, I know I have not finished!

You like variety rice:

 526 * Hardrannaika rasika - She who likes rice mixed with turmeric powder!
492 * Sniggdowdhana priya - She who likes Ghee mixed rice!
480 * Payasanna priya - She who likes sweet rice (Payasam)!
533 * Sarvou dhana preetha chittha - She who likes all types of rice
(Sariyaana SAAPPAATTU RAAMI Nee Mother!)

Okay okay, I know for digestion what you take; that’s why I always tell you not to take too much of Sugar Dear!

512 * Dhadyanna saktha hridhaya - She who likes curd rice!

Yes, Curd rice only is not sufficient, as you have crores of homes where your other children offer you daily some special sweets; you need extra!


Okay, take this also!

26 * Karpoora Veedi Kamodha Samakarsha digandara - She who chews betel leaf with the spices which give perfume in all directions!

Oh the aroma stirs my soul Mother, you are so Divine!

I agree, you just don’t rest after eating so much but you distribute the same in multiples:

669 * Annadha - She who gives food!

( Oh Mother, I am waiting for the Day when you will arrange my plate and go on serving me with Love; when I refuse to take, you will not hesitate to feed me in my mouth with your golden hands!)


I understand the reason for the following:

7 * Chadur bahu samanvidha - She who has four arms!

You should ask my Periamma, KAALI and get Her 1000 hands for distribution, as 4 hands will pain after a while dear! Then I will have to massage your hands the whole day!

I thought we only as children were ready to grab the sweet cane during Makara Sankaranti Pooja; even after taking so much food, do you hold sweet cane as a supplement? what yaar?

10 * Mano Rupeshu Kodanda - She who has the bow of sweet cane which is her mind-in one of her left hands!

Okay where do you stay?

61 * Sudha sagara madhyastha - She who lives in the middle of the sea of nectar!

Purpose?

Areh dear still eating continues….!!!!!

90 * Kulamruthaika rasika - "She who enjoys the ecstatic state of oneness of one who sees, sight and what is seen or She who gets pleasure in drinking the nectar flowing from the thousand petalled lotus below the brain."


Oh, its from my brain, then it is absolutely okay Mother, I love you!


After eating so much of sweet things, you have to have a sweet voice Mother!

27 * Nija Sallabha Madhurya Vinirbhardista Kacchabhi - She who has voice sweeter than the notes produced by Sarawathi Devi’s Veena!(This is called Kachabhi)


Okay friends!

 If my Mother likes all that sweet, Why not me?

... I love all that too"


Om Lokah Samastah Sukino Bhavantu.



धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

09.09.2012









No comments: