Monday 1 October 2012

Death Defying Acts-Part 19—A Love Letter to Lalithambika!



Embodiments of Love! 


After a hectic day I felt very tired I fell dead on bed (1 st Oct)

A flash back: on 29 th September Saturday, I had a stressful day in office with the job related fire fighting and it so happened I had 3 different fights to see that things happened!

That day was Full moon day(Pournamasya) and had my usual Fasting; reaching home had a wash and did Mahalakshmi Pooja in the regular style; offered Avul payasam( a sweet dish made of beaten rice)  to Ambal; due to stress did not feel like cooking and slept; even my brother Balaji phoned and asked if I had taken food and lovingly scolded me for skipping food!

Next day 30 th September Sunday, was the beginning of Mahalaya Paksham, -the 15 days period to perform ritualistic water with sesame seeds offering to the departed parents/elders!

After cleaning the house did the same at 12 noon;
During this time was playing “ Shri Lalita Sahasranamam” on my laptop; before falling dead at night I have played 14 times and still felt insatiated!

I did not cook as the aggression and anger lingered in my mind and wanted to dissipate the same; at 7pm, prepared Aval uppuma and closed the shop for the day!

During the day I was reading teachings of Amma Mata Amritanandamayi; at one place she had advised one devotee to make a resolution not to get angry in the work place; I took it as the command for me and immediately made the decision.

Reached office; got the mail that for the 4 th consecutive month my department has delivered 100% successfully (we will get Reward)
Point is not getting awards and rewards! It is something else!

I thanked Amma and my Guru Sree Satya Sai for turning my efforts fruitful!

On October 1 st night I was writing on Fearlessness and after taking Chapathi at 11 pm fell dead!

At 3 am  I got up; the following namavali of Amba was just ringing bells inside me!

Unmesha nimishotpanna vipanna bhuvanavali - She who creates and destroys the universe by the opening and closing of her eye lids

I wanted to “see” all Her eyes and Her Grace that flows from those eyes; to my surprise when I ended my reading of the Sahasranama, text ended with a note

Goddess Lalithambigai’s blessings for your family.
                                Keep remembering her graceful eyes
                                        and                                                                              
                                               see her in the form of light
                                                     and
                                                         let her reside in your atman forever!
I was surprised not too much as I have the belief
“ yat bhavam thatu bhavati”—
                           What you think,  you become!
So let me see Her Eyes through my third grade eyes!

Thanks Lalithamma for turning my mind to you!

Eyes normally are the gates to our mind; my Mother’s eyes are covered with beautiful eyelids which themselves serve as ornaments to Her eyes

* 17 * Vadana smara mangalya griha thorana chillaka - She who has beautiful eyelids which look like the ornaments to her face which is like cupids home!
If we see Her face once, we will instantly fall in love with Her which is eternal like my Love for Her!

considering the depth of love she may open those gates to exhibit Her eyes!

* 18 * Vakthra lakshmi –parivaha-chalan meenabha lochana - She who has beautiful eyes which look like fish in the pond of her face
Those eyes are like fish which just stroll beautifully looking for children who are waiting for Her audience!
* 84 * Hara nethragni sandhagdha kama sanjeevanoushadhi - She who brought back to life the God of love Manmatha who was burnt to ashes by the fire from the eyes of Shiva
Though Her husband burnt the God of Love, she brought him back to life; this demonstrates sarda Devi’s words that there could be a bad son and never a bad Mother; She is the embodiment of Love!
* 103 * Agna chakarantharalastha - She who lives in between two eye lids( of beings  in the form of commander she who orders)
Again she resides in us at the spot between eyelids which is the space of wisdom eye leading us to wisdom
* 247 * Padma nayana - She who has eyes like the lotus
Her eyes are compared to Lotus; the stalk of lotus has the capacity to alter its height according to the water level of the pond; here Her extension of Grace will be proportionate to our Love for Her Grace!
* 281 * Unmesha nimishotpanna vipanna bhuvanavali - She who creates and destroys the universe by opening and closing of her eye lids
Her eyelids are not just meant to open Her grace; it has the capacity to make and unmake things; Just Her SANKALPA ( Divine Desire) will do to decide what is required to be done!
* 283 * Saharakshi - She who has thousands of eyes
Oh My Mother I understand, you do not want your children  wait for many births; hence you have assumed a 1000 eyes to dispose of pending cases!
* 308 * Rajeeva lochana - She who is lotus eyed (blue lotus flower)
Hey Mother, I am aware that you imitate your brother Maha Vishnu who resides in the milk ocean who has adopted blue colour to show His compassion!
* 332 * Vama nayana - She who has beautiful eyes
Mother's eyes that shower Love have to be beautiful as Love is eternal beauty.
* 386 * Shadanga devatha yuktha - "She who has her six parts as gods viz., heart, head, hair. Battle dress, eyes and arrows"
Oh My Mother, I know you have delegated your authority to six parts of your being-the advantage of clinging to your eyes is that it can see through things my Mother; where will I go?
* 403 * Maha kamesha nayana kumudahladha kaumudhi - She who is like the full moon which opens the lotus- like eyes of Lord Kameshwara
It is not a surprise Mother; your look can slay anybody born or unborn!
* 432 * Madha goornitha rakthakshi - She who has rotating red eyes due to her exuberance
Eyes normally turn Red when we are angry or when we cry; here for my Mother there is no need to get angry as Her mere looks can kill anybody depleting any intent of opposition; so the option is crying; why should my Mother cry? It is Joyful crying, When She sees Her children improving their standards in the Universe!
* 453 * Trinayana - She who has three eyes
These eyes perform the 3 Duties of Creation, Preservation and Destruction!
* 454 * Lolakshi-Kamaroopini - She who has wandering passionate eyes
My Mother can just ignore everything and rest but Her Love makes Her search for Children who need Her attention and never miss or lose sight!
* 461 * Subru - She who has beautiful eyelids
it is not a surprise for the embodiment of beauty, eyelids are beautiful; please note the heavenly bodies do not have eyelids; here my Mother has this for 2 purposes—to grace and disgrace, to make and unmake, to create and destroy, to open her empire of Love and close the same for the unfit!
* 477 * Trilochana - She who has three eyes
My Mother’s 3 eyes do multiple functions—here they represent the ichcha, jnana and kriya  sakthi;
Jnana shakti is the component of knowing, it is the concept of omniscience. Within it, is contained knowledge, wisdom and experience. This knowledge is not bound by time, but is infinite. It has knowledge of the essence of the past, present and future. So jnana shakti is the attribute of consciousness which is omniscience.
Ichha shakti is will. Jnana or wisdom without will has no meaning, no substance. Will is the motivating factor which allows one to experiment and to experience. Kriya shakti is the process of experimentation, the process of action, awareness of the reaction, then again action. All these three constitute the essence of consciousness

* 558 * Kamalaksha nishevitha - She who is being worshipped by the lotus eyed Vishnu
Greatness always worships greatness; hence this is very natural; Vishnu sees that His devotees are protected at any cost; His sister also does the same;so it is quite obvious!
* 561 * Mrgakshi - She who has eyes like deer
Hey my Mother, I understand why your eyes are compared to the eyes of a deer! Deer is very sensitive to sound and the smallest movements and sounds are easily perceived by it and its understanding and knowing reflect in its eyes instantly; many of your unfortunate children may be crying silently, chewing their difficulties and waiting for your Graceful glance; those ultrasonic vibrations reach you; a few children maybe crying on hearing your name or after seeing your divine form in their mind’s eye; those sounds also reach you and you respond immediately without wasting any time; for this reason only I LOVE YOU my Mother; make me your slave forever!
* 601 * Dharandholitha deergakshi - She who has long eyes which have slight movement
The movement is slow because the vision set on a child is very difficult to get removed for you Mother, till that child merges with You forever removing the necessity of keeping “ an eye” on that child!
* 762 * Thryambhaga - She who has three eyes
Her three eyes here help us in transcending the 3 gunas  Sattva, rajas and Tamas
The mind has three Gunas,
viz.,

Sattva (light, bliss, goodness),

Rajas (passion, motion)

and

Tamas (inertia, darkness).

There are three Vrittis in the mind corresponding to the three Gunas.

Santa Vritti (peace) comes out of Sattva Guna,

Ghora Vritti from Rajo Guna

and

Mudha Vritti from Tamo Guna.

Equilibrium or balance is Santa Vritti;

anger is Ghora Vritti;

laziness (Alasya), carelessness (Pramada) and drowsiness (Tandri) are Mudha Vrittis.

My Mother’s 3 eyes take care of the 3 Gunas at any point of time; in our scriptures nothing is repeated unnecessarily; every letter has a significance.
* 780 * Viswathomukhi - She who sees through every one’s eyes
My mother perceives all the needs/minds/thinking/present/past/Future by mere Eye contact; if we establish that eye contact with my Mother, then we need not worry/fear about anything anywhere!
* 805 * Pushkarekshana - She who has lotus like eyes
The lotus flower has its roots in mud below water, grows up inside water, and has leaves on the sheet of water and flower just above water surface. If it grows further up, the stem will not be able to hold weight and gets cut. It can't survive inside water either. Still, the flowers or leaves never get wet or spoiled by the surrounding water.
The pond having the lotus flower is like samsara (the worldly matters), and we are like lotus. Lotus teaches us the art of living the life without getting touched by the troubles of samsara. It conveys the message of detachment, but at the same time we can't escape from here just like lotus can't grow further above water.
So when I look at my my Mother and and look into Her eyes for grace, it reminds me of the above philosophy and gives the lessons for my intelligent living on earth!
* 936 * Visalakshi - She who is broad eyed
My Mother has a very broad mind and a big heart to accommodate even a silly and useless sinner like Rajagopal; hence she never takes chances and keeps Her eyes Broad lest she loses sight of an insignificant worm like me!

Dear Lalithambika, my Love letter ends with the Dhyana slokams; please write back to me and don’t forget this fool my dear!

Sindhuraruna vigraham trinayanam manikya mouli spurath
Thara Nayaga sekaram smitha mukhi mapina vakshoruham,
Panibhayam alipoorna ratna chashakam rakthothpalam vibhrathim,
Soumyam ratna gatastha raktha charanam, dhyayeth paramambikam.

Meditate on that Ambika,
Who has a body of the colour of saffron,
Who has the three graceful eyes,
Who has a jeweled crown ,
Adorned by the moon,
Who always has a captivating smile,
Who has high and firm breasts,
Who has wine filled cup made of precious stones,
And reddish flowers in her hands,
Who forever is the ocean of peace,
And who keeps her red holy feet.
On a jeweled platform.
Arunam Karuna thrangitakshim dhrutha –pasangusa-pushpabana-chapam,
Animadhibhi-ravrutham mayukai –raha mityeva vibhavaye Bhavanim.
I imagine of my goddess Bhavani,
Who has a colour of the rising sun.
Who has eyes which are waves of mercy,
Who has bow made of sweet cane,
Arrows made of soft flowers,
And pasanugusa in her hands,
And who is surrounded,
By her devotees with powers great,
As personification of the concept of “aham”
Dyayeth padmasanastham vikasitha vadanam padma pathrayathakshim,
Hemabham peethavasthram karakalitha-lasadhema padmam varangim,
Sarvalangara yuktham sathatham abhayadam bhaktha namram bhavanim.
Srividyam santhamuthim sakala suranutham sarva sampat pradhatrim.
Meditate I do,
On her who sits on a lotus,
On her who has a smiling face,
On her who has long eyes like the lotus leaf,
On her who glitters like gold,
On her who wears red cloths,
On her who has a golden lotus in her hand,
On her who grants all desires,
On her who is dressed with perfection,
On her who gives protection,
On her who has soft heart to her devotees,
On her who is Sri vidya ,
On her who is forever peaceful,
On her who is worshipped by gods,
And on her who gives all wealth.

( Note: this is not a great writing; I wanted to communicate with my Mother which I shared; it may inspire a few to fall in line; it took me 3 hours to complete this episode—3 am to 6.10am)
धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

02.10.2012

No comments: