Thursday 19 April 2012

Self Realization....A cocktail of Surdas and Adi Sankara


Embodiments of Love!
I dedicate this work to Shri T.K Seshadri, my Brother In Law who is more than a Father, Guru and God to us; this day being his Happy Birth Day I pray Bhavani Mata to bless this child!

Krishna: Oh fair beauty, who are you?
Where do you live? Whose daughter are you?
I have not yet seen you in the lanes of Braj.'

Radha : What need have I to come this way?
I keep playing by my door!
But I hear that someone, son of Nanda
is in the habit of stealing butter and curds!

Krishna: Look, why should I appropriate
anything that's yours? Come, let's play together!

                                                        -----Surdas


I was going through अपरोक्षानुभूतिः Aparokshanubhuti of Adi Sankara after a long time; slogam 141 attracts me somehow

अद्रृश्यं भाषरूपञ्च सर्वमेव चिदात्मकम्
सावधानतया नियं स्वात्यमानं भावयेद् बुधः

The wise should always think with great care of the invisible, the visible, and everything else, as his own Self which is consciousness itself.
why should we do this?

the answer comes from slogam 140

भावितं तीव्रवेगेन यद्वस्तु निचश्चयात्मनः
पुमास्तद्धि भवेच्छीग्रं ज्ञेयं भ्रमरकीटवत्

A person who meditates upon a thing with great assiduity and firm conviction, becomes that very thing. This may be understood from the illustration of the wasp and the worm.

the wasp continuously stings the worm till it learns to sting itself; the point I understand is that the troubles the wasp gives are to change the worm into its own form, that is wasp

if God gives tests/troubles, it is to make us God;

if we add both the stanzas and derive something, could it be like this?

yath bhavam thath bhavati---what you think you become
this being the case the worm should think of wasp only to become wasp itself and not think about the troubles!
Is this the reason that,  some continue to suffer as they focus on the trouble rather than the opportunities it throws?

also some people become hard as they see in the idol, only metal and stone rather than the God inherent?

धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode

With lots of love
rajagopal
19.4.2012





No comments: