Friday 9 October 2015

Lust –A theatrical Drama



Embodiments of Love!

Statutory Warning:

Even with my only reader stopping his/her comments, I feel enthused to write more.
Reading my articles is injurious to living normally on Earth; please avoid, which I am sure you are trying to do.

I love the works of Christopher Marlowe.

The famous one in my MA Literature syllabus was Doctor Faustus, a poetical drama par excellence,



Frustration and normal life turning boring and frustrating may turn dangerous!

Our anti hero Dr Faustus becomes dissatisfied with his studies of medicine, law, logic and theology; therefore, he decides to turn to the dangerous practice of necromancy, or magic;

Dr Signs an agreement that Faustus is given twenty-four years of absolute power, he will then sell his soul to Satan.

The beauty is the capture of the conflict;

When the final moments near Faustus, it is beauty personified in the masterpiece as follows:

(Mephistopheles is the agent of Hell, who collects the damned souls; he is an agent of Lucifer, ruling in hell; again Lucifer is a fallen good Angel because of his misdeeds)

The soliloquy is the specialty here;

When it is 11:30 in the night with 30 minutes left for Faustus’ final departure the soliloquy begins:

[The clock strikes the half-hour.]
     O, half the hour is past! 'twill all be past anon.
     O, if my soul must suffer for my sin,
     Impose some end to my incessant pain;
     Let Faustus live in hell a thousand years,
     A hundred thousand, and at last be sav'd!
     No end is limited to damned souls.
     Why wert thou not a creature wanting soul?
     Or why is this immortal that thou hast?
     O, Pythagoras' metempsychosis, were that true,
     This soul should fly from me, and I be chang'd
     Into some brutish beast! all beasts are happy,
     For, when they die,
     Their souls are soon dissolv'd in elements;
     But mine must live still to be plagu'd in hell.
     Curs'd be the parents that engender'd me!
     No, Faustus, curse thyself, curse Lucifer
     That hath depriv'd thee of the joys of heaven.
          [The clock strikes twelve.]
     It strikes, it strikes!  Now, body, turn to air,
     Or Lucifer will bear thee quick to hell!
     O soul, be chang'd into small water-drops,
     And fall into the ocean, ne'er be found!
 
          Thunder.  Enter DEVILS.
 
     O, mercy, heaven! look not so fierce on me!
     Adders and serpents, let me breathe a while!
     Ugly hell, gape not! come not, Lucifer!
     I'll burn my books!—O Mephistophilis!
          [Exeunt DEVILS with FAUSTUS.]



So friends, Hell or Heaven on earth……….. it’s all Your CHOICE!

Ideally I do not desire both Hell and Heaven as both are chains binding my Soul!


धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

09.10.2015


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People of accomplishment rarely sit back and let things happen to them. They go out and make things happen......
I love risk taking! ....so your statutory warning won't work here. ....