Sunday 20 May 2012

Cause and Effect—the Confusion continues

Embodiments of Love! 

when I said cause is one and effects are many, I was of the opinion of illusion, the world as maya, a shadow which is a result of the true Brahman.

Sankara says,  “Everything is the effect of Brahman. The cause itself is the effect. The effect is non-different from the cause”

Sometime I make use of the brain lying dormant; is it that the bubble is an extension of the water lying below?

Is the wave an extension of the ocean? Even though ocean is the same, the waves take different forms and cease to exist after sometime!

Is it that forms of waves are immaterial as they are all extension of the single Ocean?

Sankara, you are confusing me to the core; I am already mad!

Okay, let me see your Sivananda Lahari( Waves of The Bliss of Siva)

नरत्वं देवत्वं नगवनम्रृगत्वं मशकता
पशुत्वं कीटत्वं भवतु विहगत्वादि जननम्
सदा त्वत्पादाब्जस्मरणपरमानन्दलहरी
विहारासक्तं चेद् हृदयामिह किम् तेन वपुषा



Naratvam devatvam nagavanamrigatvam masakataa,
pasutvam keetatvam bhavatu vihagatvaadi jananam
Sadaa tvat-paadaabja smarana paramaananda laharee
vihaaraasaktam chet hridayamiha kim tena vapushaa


"Let me be born as a man,
as a god,
as a wandering animal ( in forests and hills)
as a mosquito,
as a domestic animal
as a worm.
as flying bird
or be it any form
I do not decline any janma ( Birth)
if my mind is engaged in the play of meditation on thy lotus like feet,
which are the waves of supreme bliss
then what does it matter
whatever body I have?


அஞ்சும் அடக்கடக் கென்பர் அறிவிலர்
அஞ்சும் அடக்கும் அமரரும் அன்கிலை
அஞ்சும் அடக்கில் அசேதனமா மென்றிட்டு
அஞ்சும் அடக்கா அறிவறிந் தேனே.
                                                     (
திருமந்திரம்)


धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

20.05.2012

No comments: