Sunday 20 May 2012

Flashback from a Barber shop

Embodiments of Love! 

I wanted to close the computer for the day as the same has been working like a nonstop nonsense; but the following episode has been in my mind the moment I was asked by the barber after the hair cut yesterday “ Sir, Do you want to have a shave” in the barber shop.
My reply was “ No, I do not have a shave outside than self shaving ” ( though I use the same blade several times raising a doubt in the minds of people if at all I shave daily as it has never been a close shave; that is another matter)
If I fail to publish this and happen to die tonight, when can I publish this dear subject?


the reason behind this warrants a flash back with lots of music inside my mind.

 it was during my adolescence; we were in a village called Bikshandar Koil in Trichy Dist, Tamilnadu, India; for a hair cut we had to walk about 5 Kilometers; we did not have even a cycle; normally my father, myself and younger brother used go for hair cut on a Sunday and come back together.

on this particular fateful day my father was busy and asked me to go alone and have an inspector haircut; perhaps he wanted to groom me as an independent male( but sorry father, your son is yet to grow even today; after my death I will share details)
Barber shop was always crowded; my turn came after a long wait; I had the hair cut; the barber extended the razor to my tender cheek and chin where the facial hairs were just blooming; he could have stopped there; fate never leaves anybody; he reversed the direction of shaving and that did it all; within seconds I developed heavy irritation and itching and the face started swelling; he hushed me out.

I came home; my father just inspected me to see the hair cutting; but he was horrified to see the swelling of my face; I shared with him what happened; he threw away all his work; asked me to accompany him; took me to a doctor; after the medical aid took me to the same barber shop and gave him the heavy dose of abuse and scolded him how he dared to experiment on a child like me; barber apologized and we came back.
Whenever I was hurt my father used to undergo pain; we lost our Mother very young and father took the dual role; from that day I never used to have shaving outside and it has been always self shaving; he made us remember him in every act including the following

காயமே கோயிலாகக் கடிமனம் அடிமையாக
வாய்மையே தூய்மையாக மனமணி இலிங்கமாக
நேயமே நெய்யும் பாலா நிரயநீ ரமைய ஆட்டிப்
பூசனை ஈசனார்க்குப் போற்றவிக்க் காட்டினோமே
                                   (
திருநாவுக்கரசர் தேவாரம்)

kaayamae koayilaakak kadimanam adimaiyaagha
vaaimaiyae thooymaiyaagha manamaNi Linghamaaga
naeyamae neyyum paalaa niraya neeramaya aattipp
poosanai eesanaarkkup poatravikkaa kaatinoamae
                            (Thirunavukkarasar Tevaram)

What is the Shiva Pooja ? It is the offering of one’s mind as a lotus flower at the feet of Parameswara; from a ripe Bhaktha Sri Parameswara Himself takes away (‘steals’ he says!) the mind. (உள்ளம் கவர் கள்வன்).
धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love

श्वस्ति , मङ्गलं भूयात्
राजगोपालः

rajagopal

20.05.2012


No comments: