Sunday 6 May 2012

In Your Court Now!


Embodiments of Love! 


Mulla Nasrudin was talking to his girl friend and was getting very romantic. He started saying great things, about her.

Mulla Nasruddin was saying, "Your eyes -- never, never before I have seen such beautiful eyes. They do not belong to this world. And your face -- it is just like the moon. And the glow that surrounds your face, and the vibe that your presence creates, it's all so beautiful -- you are one of the most beautiful Women, God has ever created."

Mulla Nasruddin was going on and on. But women are very practical, the woman asked, "Are you going to marry me, Nasrudin?"
Mulla Nasrudin said, "Please, don't change the subject!"

In my earlier presentation I narrated the demise of my Periyappa; ( Uncle-Husband of my Mother’s elder sister)
before cremation my chitti, own younger sister of my periamma and my departed Mother, has visited her sister to share the grief; after being there for some time with her sister in grief,she has been brought back to the car as she might not be able to digest the loss of the beloved relative.
The tragedy is here; she is old and not well; once back in the car she has complained to my cousins that she has been taken away without even meeting her sister!
Memory is failing; even after speaking to somebody on phone she asks to whom she just spoke;
This being the state of affairs, I was imagining the last moments of Rajagopal ; many people could not speak before breathing their last; some used to shed tears while trying to express something; it could be important or unimportant but for the kith and kin it could be precious;
After making rice with dal (pulse), I offered the same to my companion, The Almighty and while  eating alone in my Indore home, I played Adi Sankara’s Shri. Subrahmanya Bhujangam; I wanted to revisit what Sankara has to say about those last speechless moments; He never disappoints me

प्रशान्तेन्द्रिये नष्टसंज्ञे विचेष्टे
कफोद्गारिवक्त्रे भयोत्कम्पिगात्रे
प्रयाणोन्मुखे मय्यनाथे तदानीं
द्रुतं मे दयालो भवाग्रे गुहं त्वम् ॥२०॥

prasaantaedriyae nashtasamjae vichaestae
kaPoadhgaaaarivakthrae bhayaoatkampigaatrae
prayaaNoanmukhae mayyanaaThae tadhaaneem
drutam mae dhayaaloa bhavaagrae gruham twam

                                          --------20 Subrahmanya Bhujangam

When all my senses leave, when I am bereft of movement and lose my power of cognition, when my voice is choked due to phlegmatic throat, when fear grips me, when I prepare myself for the final journey, forsake me not, O Lord! Stand fast by me.

What a dramatic depiction of those last moments; he wrote this when he was very young

Will this happen to me also?

What should I do?

since only the saints are exponents in this area of prescription, I turned to Kabir Das

Jeevat Samjhe Jeevat Bujhe, Jeevat He Karo Aas
Jeevat Karam Ki Fansi Na Kaati, Mue Mukti Ki Aas

Translation

Alive one sees, alive one knows, find your liberation while alive
If Alive you do not cut the noose of your attachments, how will there be liberation with death?

Meaning
you need to wake up while you are alive, it is your only chance. You need to drop the ties of attachments to illusory things that bind you in illusion. This can only be done while alive, death is not a liberator.



Dear All--To Be or Not To Be? 
धन्यवाद:

See you in the next episode
With lots of love
rajagopal
05.5.2012

No comments: